Wednesday 27 June 2012


LUSH- HIT & MISS
Just a few pieces from LUSH that I have been trying out over the past month. I had a horrible breakout of rashes on the face caused by several factors, one my parents decided to renovate the house which is involving several broken walls and plenty of dust and second I'm still recovering from the stress levels of my exams and slowly but surely breaking away from the bad eating habits. Not only that but i feel as though this year its taking my skin longer to adjust to the weather change. I'm not rolling in the money so i needed to be slightly wise. I popped into Lush before work and thought I would pick a few miracles. 
1) OatiFix Fresh Face Mask- for dry skin
£5.75/75g
I have extremely dry skin and when I saw "dry skin" on the packaging I jumped at it. The main ingredients oatmeal is beneficial in the following forms;
  • contains anti-inflammatory properties
  • suitable for most skin types and sensitive skin
  • contains cleansing agents-
  • provides moisture
  • helps remove dead skin cells
  • can help with skin conditions such as acne, eczema, rosacea and rashes 
  • help relieve symptoms of skin ageing  
I have used this Face Mask on two occasions now, and have not finished the tub and I will not be jumping with excitement again. When applying on the face I didn't feel glamorous, it has a grain like texture, its cold on the face which is fairly normal, however it has to be said it smells lovely of almonds and vanilla. It was easy to wash of the face however it didn't leave my face feeling brilliant it started reacting with my skin. So i won't be purchasing it again. However this hasn't put me off Lush I would like to try the Love lettuce. If you have tried  the love lettuce Face Mask leave a comment. 

2) Dream Cream Hand and Body Lotion 
I have had this dream cream for a while now and i have just neglected it and not given the glory that it deserves. It has a pretty strong smell but i love it. I have been applying it after coming out of the shower been using when i have dry skin during the day too. Truly and honestly it is a "life partner to sensitive skin". It contains ingredients like rose water, oat milk, tea tree oil and lavender oil, all my favourite in one really. Highly recommended and I will be buying it again. 
3) Breath of Fresh Air- Toner Water 
£3.75/100g
I watched a video by essie from essiebutton and she recommended the Eau Roma Water toner. I thought I would check it out and kinda preferred the sound of the Breath of Fresh Air. Its so fresh and gives you a right little boost. I spray it on my face and remove the excess with a cotton pad in the morning and a night and then apply a moisturizer. My skin doesn't feel awkward or tight or even sore it just feels fresh.  I was frightened that it would dry out my skin but surprise surprise it didn't do that either. Its a good toner for normal/dry skin and sensitive skin. 

4) Grease Lightening- spot treatment 
£5.65/45g
Its been great for my spots and out bursts. It wasn't a miracle overnight but it does work and it didn't react with my skin unlike other spot treatments. However i would like to try out the Origins super spot remover which is more expensive thou. 

Have you guys tried any of these Lush products? Whats your favourite Lush products?

Karin


No comments:

Post a Comment